Study is an integral part in school, colleges and competitive examination for good scoring. Though all students know the importance of studying, hardly few deliver their best while studying.
Here are some effective study tips for college students for better performance in next examination.
- Decide suitable time for study: Fix such time span for study when you can give your best contribution. It may be different for different persons. By doing so, you can use available time more effectively.
- Make study time table: Good study time table gives you an overall idea to cover all subjects within available time. You may allocate more or less time to each subject according to length of syllabus.
- Set goals for study session: Divide syllabus in short parts so that you can cover each part in stipulated time. By doing this, your brain know the exact goal for that session.
- Make notes: Now write that part of syllabus in form of short notes. Your notes must cover all the important parts of the syllabus in brief. You can make notes in pictorial or block format too for easy understanding.
- Focus on study only: Keep the cell phones away from study table for this time block. This will help you to focus more in study only. This will also useful to use your time efficiently.
Review your progress at regular interval and allocate extra time if needed to fulfill the study goals.
Besides this you may also use Pareto’s 80/20 rule in study which help you prioritize those tasks which cause more productivity.
What is the Pareto Principle (80/20 Rule)?
The Pareto principle states that in any work, approximately 80% of results come from 20% of inputs. In other words, you have to use your time on such works that bring major effect.
So use your time more effectively and get the study done.